Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6 people in a private car (no fee charged) - what would the courts say?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I didnt do it but just wondering.

A mate wanted me to take 5 ppl in my car + me.
    I said no I could get in serious trouble and Im not insured.

What could I expect if I was stopped by the law? I want to tell her so Im not asked ever again to do this.

Also, If I was in a crash, the occupants if injured could sue me personally?
    Could I loose my licence / get a ban?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

had the same problem myself a while back. it all depends on the guard i guess but you can be done for overloading anyway. plus im sure they would find a few more things like dangerous driving etc

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

every one must have a seat belt by law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

sean1141 wrote: »
    had the same problem myself a while back. it all depends on the guard i guess but you can be done for overloading anyway. plus im sure they would find a few more things like dangerous driving etc

If no accident, could it end up in court?
    Whats the worst if you got a grumpy guard and a grumpy Judge?

If an accident, no insuance right? Driver personally liable?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

If you were stopped im sure the guard would say you can not drive on until 1 passenger gets out of the car.

Advertisement