Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax and insurance disc getting wet my moisture

Options
  • 24-01-2010 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Does anybody know if there is a product available for your car that will stop your tax disc etc. from getting wet. I had to get a new tax disc before when this happened and I don't want it to happen again.

I went out to the car yesterday and the inside of the windows was drenched.

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

just tape up the tax holder?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Your disc should be in some sort of holder that isolates them from the window. How have you the disc displayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Had similar problems with a damp car.

1. Air out the car. Open up boot and air out spare tyre compartment, dry all carpets etc (a sunny day helps). If you get a sunny day, open up doors and vacuum out car etc

2. Drive car with heaters on for a week

3. Punch holes in the bottom of disk holders to let moisture flow through.

4. Get a sachet or two of silica gel and leave up near disk holder.

Done!

Advertisement