Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keys lost for Micra

Options
  • 24-01-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭

A friend had the keys of her Mirca (97 with immobiliser) stolen from her bag in a nightclub. no address on anything so probably safe enough.

Problem is she has no spare key. is it possible to code a key to the car without having any other keys? I assume the key itself can be cut from the chassis number, it's the immobiliser that'll be the issue

Anyone know the cheapest way of getting her back on the road?

Not sure if her house insurance covers it, so she'll probably have to pay herself.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Maybe a job for Nissan dealer, or try www.autokey.ie
    they might be a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

good man, got it sorted by someone else. thanks for the help though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone know roughly how much it is to get one done? I'd like to get a spare for my micra.

apparently €50 for the key and 30 mins labour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hmm, that's not too bad I suppose.

• Advertisement

that's for a non remote key.

Ah right.

Advertisement