Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem restarting

Options
  • 24-01-2010 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

I've recently upgraded from Vista Home Premium to 7 Ultimate and I've had this problem both before and after upgrading.
    I can shut down my computer no problem, and then turn it on and it boots no problem. However, if I restart it, either because of an install, or Windows update, or just click it myself, it just won't restart. It gets stuck on a black screen after installing the update if necessary.
    When it gets stuck you can hear the fan running, and the disk drive trying to do something; the light flashes on it and you can hear it doing something.

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

mine had this problem when i had usb sticks in it. if i take everything out it starts no problem. In fairness though i had 3 ipods and a camera and a wireless modem in mine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭New.White.Socks

Happens without anything being plugged in, and with a disk and no disk in the drive for me.

Advertisement