Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading Boards.ie

Options
  • 24-01-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

When I click on my bookmark for boards it takes longer to load that other websites, I am using Opera when I click, the browser tells me "connecting using remote host www.google.com" Im wondering is this correct. When I was using Firefox before, boards always loaded quick enough but it loads slow in Firefox now aswell, do I need to change my host file or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Got a google toolbar? This redirects all Your links to google.com (USA) so they can harvest the info on what You clicked

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Piusno1

This is whar I get when I try to use the google search

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

The same thing happens with yahoo search. But I can search with Altavista no problem and browse other websites ok. It still has me baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Looks like your pc/laptop has got infected with spyware/malware etc. If everything is clean then you are having DNS problem.

Advertisement