Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone buying Kia??

Options
  • 24-01-2010 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Looking to change car at some point this year and had never considered a Kia. But with a 7 yr warranty i'm seriously considering getting the 'pro-cee'd'. Can get a brand new 10 model for nearly the same money i've been quoted for 2 yr old golfs. This is the class i'm looking at, Golf/Auris/Astra/ etc

It looks a classy design as well, anyone driven them? Heard reports good or bad??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Everybody is buying Kias ;)

The procee'd is an ok car and it has a long warranty. A decent reliable a to b vehicle, if that's all you want from your car, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I think the Pro-c'eed is a pretty good looking car. In the right colour I'd take it over a an Astra Sport Hatch.

1.6d is a cracker of an engine and the specification for the money is far in excess of that offered by VW/Ford/Opel.

Can't really say how well they handle as I've only ever driven brand new ones to deliver to customers (not exactly the time to test to the limits), but anyone I know who's driven one has been very impressed.

New Focus wouldn't be too far off in price and will be worth a lot more than the Kia in a few years. Standard spec has been upped to include Bluetooth, Air Con and Alloys on even the Style model - really needs an armrest though. Doesn't have the 7 year warranty (2yrs I think), but nothing much goes wrong with them and when it does, it's cheap to fix.

New Astra looks good, is priced fairly well and has decent engine choices. Golf is overpriced.

Think I'd seriously be looking at the Pro-c'eed if I had to worry about insurance. If not, I'd be going for a 2 year old Octavia VRS TDI and screw the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

purely from looks alone, even the latest golf isnt at the races here. You have the new astra here now which looks very nice. That would be my choice but its out of your price range Id say seeing as you are comparing to 2 year old golfs.
    I would possibly go with the kia proceed. Looks good and all good reports about it and the long warranty.
    If you are thinking of a golf for the whole VW good name etc, dont. They are below average for reliablility in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

I read on here they maybe bringing the 0% finance deal back in again.

I hope so as the 7 year warranty is a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 truemagpie

Cheers lads, going to test drive one in the next few weeks {pro cee'd}, get the feel for one. Heard somewhere they're the fastest growing manufacturers in the world, but starting from low base i guess.

As said above, it's a reliable, 'a to b car' i'm after that is fairly pleasing to the eye, and a 1.6 diesel fits the bill when it comes to an unfortunatly chequered history with insurance companies :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Bear in mind that the new model C'eed is coming to Ireland in March.

Should you want to wait that long, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Bear in mind that the new model C'eed is coming to Ireland in March.

Should you want to wait that long, of course.

That's only the 5 door and SW so far that got the facelift.

Advertisement