Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours BA degree in Social Care Practise & general info on Tallaght IT

Options
  • 24-01-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Im applying as a mature student for the Honours Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Care Practise this year (almost finished completing CAO-THANKFULLY!) and was wondering if anyone is currently on this course could tell me what it is like?how are you finding it? I have applied for different variations of this course in other colleges but the one college i dont know alot about is Tallaght! What is the actual college like- is it new/modern with good facilities?
    I am living in the city centre and not driving at the moment, and with the poverty(LOL:D) il prob be living in once i commit myself to a full time course , i doubt il be able to get the car back on the road in time for the start of the course, so does anyone know what the commute from the city is like? Id either be getting the bus or luas-is the college far from either of those stops?

Any other info anyone can give me on the course or the college itself would be great!!

Thanks in advance!!!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

I cant tell you about the course as im not on it but IT tallaght is a fairly new building, facilities can be good depending on what course you are doing but i think generally good. social life is quite busy around the college especially this year, the new SU are doing a great job. transport to college from town is very handy with a bus stop 100 yards from main gate and luas stop (square) a five minute walk. Lecturers can be quite helpfull and class sizes are usually quite small. Parking sucks, so your better of not driving! Canteen, shop and library on site also pub right at the main gate. hope this helps some what and enjoy.

P.S. exams SUCK. But hey thats college
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Davey101- Thanks!! I cant wait to just get the applications of and get my offers (if i get any!!:eek:) but either way im applying to 4 different colleges,
    1-TCD
    2-D.I.T
    3-I.T.Tallaght
    4.I.T Blanchardstown.

The transport situation sounds good anyway(as does the societies and the pub ;)-of course!!), i dont know Tallaght very well at all but as i said im living in town so from what you say it will be pretty handy for me to get out there-if i get offered a place!!!

Yeah exam's are S**T, I presume your doing some now, or have just done them before xmas?! well either way I hope u do well and get the grades your hopin for!!!!

Thanks again for the info davey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Ya i can agree with davey101 place is nice and its small so you keep running into people so its a lot better to make friends rather then like ucd where you might see someone once and then never again. My main complaints with the college is parking and the computers they are a little too slow for my liking and when you actually need one everyone one is just sitting there on facebook but if thats my biggest problem that will just show ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Commute-wise, it's fine.
    Buses routes to Tallaght from town: 77, 77a, 54a, 65, 65b ... five services there, so you're well covered! :)

I'd recommend the bus over the Luas, to be honest. The Luas is incredibly slow and quite a lot of anti-social behaviour goes on on it. (I'm refering to both lines, not just the red line, that services Tallaght.)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Cool,sounds pretty good, thanks!! Now all i have to hope for is ...AN OFFER OF A PLACE!!!!!! Fingers crossed. Thanks for the info. As for luas versus bus, id prob get bus too. Your right, there is a huge problem with anti-social behavior on the luas, its a disgrace!

Chillin_penguin ; in regard to your comment about the computers, i was just wondering is it accecpted to bring your own laptop with you if you have one? I do and id obviously prefer to be using my own !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Yeah you can bring your own laptop.

Advertisement