Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock musician in between bands???

Options
  • 24-01-2010 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Anyone up for joining a good band, making a good EP and seeing where it leads us?

I am a lead singer/guitar player and I have solid drummer. We are looking for a bassist and guitar player (comfortable with sharing rhythm lead). Backing vocals is desired also. We are both based in North Dublin and rehearse weekly in Drumcondra. We are aged 23/24. People in early to mid twenties would be ideal but we are more interested in getting the right musicians involved. No timewasters need respond.

We have a range of influences: Smashing Pumpkins, Feeder, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Kerbdog, Pearl Jam, Stereophonics, Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, The Libertines, QOTSA... If it is good we like it. You can check out my last band here for an idea www.myspace.com/pristinebliss

If you would like to meet up for a jam and interested in what you hear PM me and we will sort something out. Only people that want to get into a serious band and have some craic along the way need apply. We plan on getting 5/6 covers tight initially and work on as many originals as possible with a view to recording (an EP with our best songs) and gigging regularly in the coming months. Give me a shout if it sounds like what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Dar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jamboree

Hi there,

25 year old guitarist, playing bout six years, based in Kimmage. Am looking to join an existing band. Am very committed and willing to put in all the necessary legwork, have own gear and transport.

I like the sound of your old band. My influences would be Rory G, Wishbone Ash, Smashing Pumpkins, John martyn, Ripple, Thin Lizzy, SRV, Oasis, the Music, the Hoax, Nirvana, JOhn Mayer, Ac/DC blah blah. I am not hugely concerned with genre types, I like most music.

I used play in a band in college. As I said, very committed and serious about getting a band going again. Am easy to get along with. I couldn't PM you for some reason (didn't get the option when I clicked your name).

PM me or respond if interested, would like to meet for a jam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lizzyrock

Bump

Please note, it is a bad sign to PM with questions already clearly stated in the ad... If you cannot read English, how likely is it that you will be able to read/understand/write music?....

Sorry to those who did not, I just had to vent :)

Bump

• Advertisement

bump

Still looking, PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Dar

Advertisement