Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula??

Options
  • 23-01-2010 11:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anyone have any tips on what formula to use? I am thinking about using Cow & Gate, however the hospital I am attending give Aptamil. I dont want to start baby off and then change few days later. Does anyone know if hospital will provide C&G or let me bring my own???? Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

When I attended the Rotunda they supplied the three different types, SMA, Aptamil and C&G.

Are you positive they only supply Aptamil?

I started my baby on SMA and then had to change her to aptamil. So there's a chance your baby won't take to C&G anyways cos it could disagree with them. If the hospital will not let you bring your own and you have to give Aptamil and baby is doing well on it I wouldn't change her over... why change something that's doing them well?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I think most hospitals offer Cow and gate, sma and aptimel.
    I chose sma, as my mam said that c+g was taken of the market years ago and she didn't like the idea of me using it ha. :rolleyes:
    Aptimel made my nephew really colicky so he switched to sma and was much better.
    My little one is thriving on the sma. Although all babies are different and what works or one wont work or another.
    At your next hospital appointment ask i they stock c+g, i think most hospitals do. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Chesty LaRue

Not sure, maybe the hospital supply several. I was in on New Years Eve :( with labrynthitis and noticed the two women in the ward with me had their babies on Aptamil. I will check with the hospital on my next visit, thanks! I have a 7yr old which I tried on Aptamil and SMA as a baby and didnt agree with him, I then tried C&G and he seemed a lot happier. Thats my only reason for going with C&G but I will use whatever suits baby....10wks to go and counting!!!!

Advertisement