Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band seeks a guitarist/bassist/singer type human

Options
  • 23-01-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

looking for a musician into playing guitar and bass and into harmony vocals. if you only play bass then fine. ability to play keys a bonus.

no huge commitment here. rehearse twice a month. maybe less! originals. more a hobby, maybe gigs later. rehearse northside dublin with a number of tunes needing completion. our rehearsal time is often weekday day so if you are in a 9-5 this may prove difficult.

age range not too important, we're early 30's.

genre - hmmm.... well theres acoustic and electric guitars, tis a bit laid-back with a drop of experimental rock, with a good bit of harmony vocals. whatever that is.

PM your info and sure maybe we'll chat. you might think we're ****. we might think you are, no hard feelings either way. we're fairly non commital about the whole thing really.

reluctance to capitalize the beginning of sentences a plus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 uniqueusername2

alternatively, if you are a guitarist who can sing harmony and have no interest in playing bass then that may work too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Location, influences?

Slugs wrote: »
    Location, influences?
    looking for a musician into playing guitar and bass and into harmony vocals. if you only play bass then fine. ability to play keys a bonus.

no huge commitment here. rehearse twice a month. maybe less! originals. more a hobby, maybe gigs later. rehearse northside dublin with a number of tunes needing completion. our rehearsal time is often weekday day so if you are in a 9-5 this may prove difficult.

age range not too important, we're early 30's.

genre - hmmm.... well theres acoustic and electric guitars, tis a bit laid-back with a drop of experimental rock, with a good bit of harmony vocals. whatever that is.

Influences is a hard question to answer so I thought it better to describe the type of music played. I mean, I personally would listen to anything from Nick Drake to Mastadon but that doesn't really tell you anything...or does it??:D

Sure if you're genuinely interested pm me with details and i can send you a tune or whatever.

anyone for a low pressure, jam for the hell of it type thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Fraid not, I'm located Cork, would have liked to :)

• Advertisement

no worries, thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pistol

I'm from south dublin.. been playing guitar on and off for a few years now. Looking to play with someone to maybe challenge myself a little. Who knows what may come of it. My music interest varies from Sigur Ros to RATM. I also have basic knowledge of Bass and Mandolin. I do have a drumkit in my room but its mainly for anger management purposes

Drop me a message if you wanna arrange something

Howeye, will pm you pistol.

This fit the bill for anyone else? Willing to swap around bass, electric and acoustic guitar duties and sing backing vox? If you dont play bass or only play bass then don't let that stop you.

Thanks for the pm's so far. Anyone else interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pretentiouslad

Interested, play rhythm guitar, bass and vocals...

• Advertisement
Advertisement