Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sticky situation with my car....

Options
  • 23-01-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation with my car and i'm hoping somebody may be able to help me or point me in the right direction.

My car is a Standard Honda Civic 1.6, 3 door hatchback, Its previous and 1st owner bought the car brand new back 96 in New Zealand where it was manufactured, the owner then emigrated to the UK and brought the car with her, the owner couldnt get it through the MOT because the lambda was slightly too high but had managed to get a letter from the manufacturer in New Zealand which the MOT accepted and subsequently passed it through the MOT.

The Problem is, the owner passed the letter on to me (which i used to get the car through the NCT, however the second time around i didnt have the letter and i had to explain the situation to the guy and show him the previous passed NCT Cert to get it through) when i bought the car aswell as a reciepts documenting the whole history of the car, but i have stupidly miss placed this letter which makes selling the car rather difficult, ive contacted the previous owner and told me that the letter in question was quite difficult to obtain and that they had to fight tooth and nail to get it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

phishcakes wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation with my car and i'm hoping somebody may be able to help me or point me in the right direction.

My car is a Standard Honda Civic 1.6, 3 door hatchback, Its previous and 1st owner bought the car brand new back 96 in New Zealand where it was manufactured, the owner then emigrated to the UK and brought the car with her, the owner couldnt get it through the MOT because the lambda was slightly too high but had managed to get a letter from the manufacturer in New Zealand which the MOT accepted and subsequently passed it through the MOT.

The Problem is, the owner passed the letter on to me (which i used to get the car through the NCT, however the second time around i didnt have the letter and i had to explain the situation to the guy and show him the previous passed NCT Cert to get it through) when i bought the car aswell as a reciepts documenting the whole history of the car, but i have stupidly miss placed this letter which makes selling the car rather difficult, ive contacted the previous owner and told me that the letter in question was quite difficult to obtain and that they had to fight tooth and nail to get it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Either contact Honda and explain the situation or fix the lambda problem. One time consuming, the other expensive. When is your NCT due?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

Confab wrote: »
    Either contact Honda and explain the situation or fix the lambda problem. One time consuming, the other expensive. When is your NCT due?

The NCT is not due till march but i can get it through if i explain it to the guy and show him the current passed cert.

Ive tried getting the emissions fixed but im told that its the way the car is made and the lowest the lambda will get is the level that its at now and has always been.

Ive tried contacting Honda here in Ireland but they were'nt much help and told me to contact Honda in New Zealand.

Advertisement