Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All New Equipment- Midi, headphones...etc

Options
  • 23-01-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

All my equipment (midi, headphones, mic, cables...etc) was knicked after a gig last Wednesday. At this stage it looks like I have to accept defeat and just buy new stuff. I know there's other threads for midi controllers and stuff but I'm looking for a whole new rig basically but feel free to merge if necessary!

Anyway I'm pretty sure I want to go back to using a midi controller rather than buying decks as I invested in a Macbook Pro and I'd rather use that than CDs or Vinyl. My old controller was an Xponent and I had recently mapped it to Traktor which was a HUGE advantage. I'm still considering getting a new Xponent as I think it's pretty good but would other people recommned alternatives? The other main one I was looking at was the VCI 300 but I would really want to use Traktor Pro and I'm not sure if there's much point in getting this as it's for Serato and the Xponent is easily mapped to Traktor.

Next thing is headphones. Until now I've been using these and thought they were great. A lot of people seem to be recommending these but I think I'd miss the swivel cup, any thoughts?

I'd appreciate any suggestions, I liked my old setup but kind of want to take advantage of the opportunity to change it up. Even if it's something completely different I'd consider anything Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Allen & Heath Xone:3D I'd say. Affordable by A&H standards, and it'd be a killer set-up with a Macbook Pro & Traktor.

Or else an Audio 8 DJ, 2 Kontrol X1s and a Xone:92.
    Alternatively, an Audio 8 DJ, 2 Xone:1D and a Xone:92.

What about those new Numark deck-style midi controllers? Wonder what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

Sorry I should have mentioned that for the moment I'm on a limited budget, if only I had equipment to sell! I'd say I would have to stick to 600 for the controller and 100 for the headphones roughly. Thanks for the tips though the A&H looks incredible, just looked at Richie Hawtins festival setup with the 4D, serious piece of equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

The Numark Ns7/v7's might be a lil outta budget ? ...

what about *gasp* djtech hybrid 202 ? (if you fancy being different) ;)

Designed in conjunction with the guys from Kontrol DJ .. which was build like a tank ! ...and lots of buttons to play with.

DSC_009620O_400_.jpg

Lots of interesting new controllers were demo'd in the past week at NAMM if you could hold off for a month or so :-S

Headphones i'll say what I have before .. sony v6's for under a ton are bloody brilliant.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry to hear about your stuff getting nicked mate, the same happened to me a while back, its a killer but at least you can get some pleasure when you do go out and get shiney new gear!

I too had the Xponent, and this time I got the VCI-100 with an Audio 2 DJ. Xponent with Torq vs VCI with Traktor, are very different. It has it's pluses and minuses. The VCI-300 looks great and now with that little effects remote looks cool, its just that its geared for ITCH and not sure what the mapping is like with Traktor. Saying that I tried the Xponent with Traktor and didn't like it...

If it's in your budget, I'd get the Vestax TR1 - it's kinda like a best of breed of the 100 and 300 - it was designed specifically for Traktor Pro by Vestax. Not cheap but the reviews are great.

I was considering the v700's but went with the HD35's - very glad I did they're lovely. Have not used them live yet but the isolation is incredible. I would not worry about the swivel, they kinda bend to the side, very comfortable.

Advertisement