Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bit of help

Options
  • 23-01-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone got a fault code reader around kildare

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

guil wrote: »
    has anyone got a fault code reader around kildare

Why? What's wrong with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭Tefral

Confab wrote: »

Im guessing thats what he wants the reader for

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What car/year? Any codes/noises/other?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭guil

had a thread bout it a few weeks ago, it isnt runnin right and sometimes sounds like its runnin on 3 cylinders, down a good bit on power aswell, other times its fine

i've changed the coil pack and plugs are only in since november
    cronin_j wrote: »
    are u cronin from midnight club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A fault code reader will only send someone down the wrong path if they don't know what to look for.

• Advertisement

Magnus wrote: »
    What car/year? Any codes/noises/other?
    05 petrol focus saloon, afaik theres no way to read codes from the engine warnin light on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭Tefral

are u cronin from midnight club

Indeed i am..
    A fault code reader will only send someone down the wrong path if they don't know what to look for.

Im sorry if this is a little off topic for this thread but: I dont see how you can say that. The idea of it is to actually tell you where to start looking, I.e what sensors to check etc

Indeed i am..

Im sorry if this is a little off topic for this thread but: I dont see how you can say that. The idea of it is to actually tell you where to start looking, I.e what sensors to check etc
    i was kildare_scooby
    thats what i'm hopin, that a sensor is gone and i'll replace it myself, dont fancy payin a fortune to a garage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It might not be much use to you but, the self test can reveal some dtc codes. Hold in reset button (left stalk) while switching on ignition (not starting) until you see test appear. Then keep pressing reset to cycle through until you see dtc. It lists some interesting items voltage of battery (might be usefull), etc.

to do that dont ya hold in the trip reset button on the clocks,
    whats dtc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

to do that dont ya hold in the trip reset button on the clocks,
    whats dtc

Diagnostic trouble codes. Yeah, keep holding it until it says 'test' on the display.

cheers i'll let ya know how i get on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

I have fault code reader and live in Celbridge. Am a mobile mechanic, so could come out to you, what's the problem exactly, might be able to advise you?

a few weeks ago the EML came on, sometimes it flashes other times its solid, since then the car seems to be runnin on 3 cylinders some times but at other times its like there is nothin wrong with it, the spark plugs are only in since november and i've changed the coil pack but it didnt make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

pull up one plug lead and shine a light down and see is there water sitting on top of the plugs, if so, blow it out till dry then need to put sealer on gromet between cylinder 2 and 3 and seal washer jets to bonnet- very common problem i repaired 3 kept week..

do i have to remove the grommet or just put the sealer around it, what sealer should i get

Advertisement