Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 multi licence versions.

Options
  • 23-01-2010 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Howdy ,looking at getting windows 7 for a few more computers and I'm not sure what the best option is.

Amazon have a three licence pack of windows 7 premium for about €130 ,but I'm not sure if the three licences are ip.locked or mac address locked :confused:
    The three computers are basically in three different locations.

cheers.

Edit : linky http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-Premium-Version-Upgrade/dp/B002O4WI5A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Got a bit carried away posting this thread ,I take it from the lack of answers that I need to have full versions of windows on my machines ,for these upgrade versions to work:o

I've three other dell machines ,obviously with oem's.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

Ok,

If you have Vista, you can upgrade to Windows 7 using the Upgrade pack.

For XP, your meant to use a Full copy, but if you look on-line you can figure out a way of using a upgrade copy and even some Microsoft sites have instructions on how to do this.

It doesn't matter if they are OEM copies as most people with anything other than 7 will have a OEM copy.

As for your question, the license is locked to the 3 computers you put them on, but not by IP or area or anything like that. You can install it on 3 different Pc's as long as they are your PC's. (as stated probably in the T&C's, though I haven't read the T&C's myself)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You can upgrade the oem versions just fine. You should have no problem with ips or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Cheers for that:) ,couldn't face forking out full price for three machines. Especially as I've "loaned" them to family as it is.

The pleasures of been a geek:rolleyes:

Advertisement