Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good CCNA courses?

Options
  • 23-01-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with any, good or bad?

I'm preferably looking for evening time, weekdays.

I've seen you can do them in Griffith, Dorset, Tallaght IT, Senior College, Dun Laoghaire and other IT's down the country but I'm looking for people's experiences with any of the above. I don't want to wrongly spend €3000 on something rubbish.

Thanks in advance dudes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Interested in doing the CCNA myself during the summer hopefully. Will keep an eye on this for answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

I'm looking around the net as we speak and coming to the conclusion that self-learning might be the best "economical" option. Classroom courses are starting at €3000 around Dublin, and they might turn out to be rubbish as I have heard in the past.

You might look at TrainSignal training videos or CBT Nuggets. You can get them from numerous internet sources. I've seen them before and there exceptionally good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I'm looking around the net as we speak and coming to the conclusion that self-learning might be the best "economical" option. Classroom courses are starting at €3000 around Dublin, and they might turn out to be rubbish as I have heard in the past.

You might look at TrainSignal training videos or CBT Nuggets. There is a CCNA TrainSignal pack on piratebay. I've seen them before and there exceptionally good. They cost €400 so they've simply pushed me up against a wall in this regard. BASTARDS!

Your really still need a CCNA kit at home for this to work, I think it was three routers and two switches minimal when I took it. You can buys these on eBay for a few hundred euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I'm looking at doing it in new horizons in Dublin 1. Their lesson structure seems very flexible in that you can attend their lab when it suits you to watch the tutorial videos, and there is always a real instructor in the lab should you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

LA3G wrote: »
    Your really still need a CCNA kit at home for this to work, I think it was three routers and two switches minimal when I took it. You can buys these on eBay for a few hundred euros.
    By the looks of things no matter what way I want to do this course it's gonna be expensive, that makes me wonder what the CCNP will be like. Thanks for the info of course though.
    Dardania wrote: »
    I'm looking at doing it in new horizons in Dublin 1. Their lesson structure seems very flexible in that you can attend their lab when it suits you to watch the tutorial videos, and there is always a real instructor in the lab should you have any questions.
    Thanks for that tip, I've looked at their course structure and I'm wondering to myself are all those things they mention together or separated, how many days / nights a week etc. I shall call them on Monday. If I can get my hands around some Cisco equipment there (as LA3G mentioned), it will be really worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Not sure where you are but CIT's is highly recommended and not as expensive as ones above. Tim Horgan is very good as well. They know their stuff.

http://cisco.cit.ie/ccna.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

LA3G wrote: »
    Yeah they good, also a GUI front: GNS3 (http://www.gns3.net/) - I put a few instructions on the tutorial sticky.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah they good, also a GUI front: GNS3 (http://www.gns3.net/) - I put a few instructions on the tutorial sticky.

I didn't know there was a GUI for dynamips, very very nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Its alot better by itself - dynagen is just genius! :-)

Advertisement