Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cabin filter stuck

Options
  • 22-01-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

hi i was trying to remove the cabin filter in a 00 corolla today, i looked under the glocebox and removed the cover but the filter is wedged in and wont come out, very lttle space to get finger through the gap to move it any tips for getting it out???
    it looks like twas put in incorrectly now wont come out as it has fallen over to one side

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I didn't think '00 corolla's had cabin filters!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

probably loads of leaves stopping it coming out.

just rip it out!

(making sure it's actually the filter!)

If it's the filter it'd be behind the glovebox rather than under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭novarapid

what the one under it then? its can move around but wont come out the slot, pictures would help but camera out of action

could be anything. Toyota cabin filters are around the size of a DVD case and there's a small rectangular plastic facia cover that clips off first then you can see the grey/white filter behind it.

Drop down the glovebox first (by squeezing both sides) and see if there's a panel behind it.

thanks for your help colm, its not behind the blovebox but this is under the glovebox, I removed 4 plastic push clips then took off a cover, a grey filter is inside but i cant get it out, on the manual its called the ac filter but my car doesnt have air conditioning.
    the reason i went at it was condensation is terrible and i though replacing the cabin filter would help.

• Advertisement

if it's definitelt the filter then ust reef it out with a screwdriver or a pliers. I'm guessing debris or damage to the filter is making it hard to remove

New filter should make a difference to condensation

it can move around the space but it wont come out the slot, its like its after moving off its rails and now wont come down the slot ( hard to explain)
    can i drive the car if i manage to remove it?
    dont have a new one yet,

you can drive without it. just any dust/debris in the ducting will come through the air vents

My understanding is that the filter just pulls out. I may be wrong so maybe don't force it out :D

are there any clips holding the filter in?

thanks i'll update in the cold light of day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement