Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full tilt boots

Options
  • 22-01-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭

I used to own a pair of Raichle Flexon Comps and absolutely loved them. When I finally broke them, I found they weren't being made any more and I couldn't replace them. Now I hear that Full Tilt boots are being made like the old Flexon Comps.

Does anyone know if they are really the same? Has anyone skied them recently?

The one I had was like this www.evogear.com/outlet/alpine-ski-boots/full-tilt-bumble-bee-pro-2009.aspx, only more girly colours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Sorry, cannot help, but, they look really cool. Is there anywhere you could try them on ?.

This guy reckons its the same boot...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HmPUtmPTps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Yes, I think it's the same boot. Not only does it look cool, it's comfortable to wear, amazingly easy to put on in the morning, and (one of those features you hope you never need) if you break your leg, they can get this boot off without having to cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Dion in the great outdoors wears a spanky pair of full tilts. They do some really awsome boots but you have to order them online as very few people in the UK or Ireland stock them .

There are a couple of alternatives like the Nordica Ace of Spades and the Salomon SPK which are designed for comfort.

They are definitely not on sale in Great Outdoors, I tried yesterday.

I looked at the website, and it looks like there's a couple of shops in London stock them. Just as soon as I get a Ryanair cheapie, I'm going to try them on. If they fit as well as the old Raichle Comps, I'm going to buy a couple of pairs, just to make sure I don't get stuck again.

EileenG Sorry think you missed what I was saying Dion is a staff member in Great outdoors who knows where to order and get full tilts on line.

• Advertisement

Okay, that's useful. But I'm still going to try to find some to try on. My feet are wide at the toes and narrow at the heel, so I want to be sure the Full Tilt boot fit the way the old Raichle boots did. I can spent a lot of a holiday just trying to find the right boots when I hire.

I am sure at this stage from previous post you will see I am a big fan of trying before buying especially when it comes to boots and having a pro around to make sure it is done right

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

I might be interested in a pair of these boots also, meant to be much lighter than other boots, what UK shops stock them?

Ellis Brigham do them, and they have a couple of shops in London, so I'll go try on.

Also Lockwoods. And Ski Bartlet in Hillingdon.

Well, went to London today to try to get some, and they are all sold out. Total waste of a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

that's a bummer, all those bloody freestylers getting them!

I went to London and tried on a pair, then went home and ordered a pair online.

They really are like the old Flexon Comps but quite small fitting. I normally take a 43, but I had to go up one full size to a pair that fitted nicely.

Advertisement