Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get a Spoiler for a Volvo S40?

Options
  • 22-01-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Where to get a Spoiler for a Volvo S40?

2008 S40?

Where to get in Limerick/Clare/Galway?

Other than a Volvo dealer and must be OEM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

....what's wrong with a Volvo dealer ?? Reason I ask, is, sometimes, dealer OEM stuff is cheaper than you think. And if they've got one on the shelf, you might be pleasantly surprised........I know someone who bought an OEM Mazda spoiler from the main dealer for the price of a spurious one, just before Christmas. Especially true of non-current models.

Tried GSFcarparts ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I should have also said spurious would be fine but from experience OEM or Spurious copies of spoilers are hard to find.

Oh yeah. Ebay only has a crappy looking spoiler which looks nothing like the OEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,117 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, I did a little bit of research into this and there are two types of boot spoiler for the S40, the subtle lip one (silver S40 below) that is stuck on with adhesive. And the less subtle one (dark grey S40 below) that rises above the boot line which has to be bolted onto the boot. Both are shown here for comparison:

6011_133511185238_735670238_3588217_8299591_n.jpg

Plenty of both on ebay and some will come painted in your colour once you give them the correct colour code. No first hand experience though as chickened out doing it in the end due to the obviouse risks involved in buying something online that may not work out right.
    galwaytt wrote: »
    ....what's wrong with a Volvo dealer ?? Reason I ask, is, sometimes, dealer OEM stuff is cheaper than you think. And if they've got one on the shelf, you might be pleasantly surprised........I know someone who bought an OEM Mazda spoiler from the main dealer for the price of a spurious one, just before Christmas. Especially true of non-current models.

Tried GSFcarparts ?

Volvo genuine parts are notoriously expensive but in saying that maybe the OP should drop Hellraiser a PM, he has some sort of Volvo parts connection and may be able to help or advise on costs.

Advertisement