Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Vista Desktop icons have disappeared

Options
  • 21-01-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

HP laptop
    Windows Vista operating system
    sophos virus protection

My problem or infuriating issue is that my desktop icons disappeared one day. I turned on my computer & they were all gone but one, which is a word document that I was working on at the time.

When I click on the start button & type in a file name that I know is on my desktop it appears on the list, I can click it & successfully get into the file. So nothing has been deleted.
    I have tried right clicking on the desktop & clicked view – show desktop icons, I have re-booted, I have hit the f5 key numerous times!

If anyone has had a similar problem & resolved it, please reveal the solution!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I haven't had the problem where they all just disappear, but I know all your icons are stored in a Desktop folder located at,
    C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\Desktop

They should all still be in that folder, just copy and paste them back onto your desktop from there :)

Advertisement