Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't seem to kill Ares Ultra.. Ultra p.o'd

Options
  • 21-01-2010 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to delete Ares Ultra off my computer, but can't.
    When I start my computer up in the morning it's one of the first few programs to open, even though I don't and can't use it any more because it never connects to its server.
    I went into my task manager, right clicked on one of the 3! ares ultras that is appearing in it:
    ares1.jpg?t=1264040857

I then opened the file location of one of them and proceeded to drag the file folder which contains 'Ares ultra p2p for windows' and a file named 'dc2.dll' to the recyling bin, Im asked "Are you sure you would like to delete it?," I click yes, Im then met by this:
    ares2.jpg?t=1264041174

Well before that it asks for administrator approval, I get 1 or 2 more messages and THEN that.. basically I click try again, and the same message comes up over and over and over..

What do I do?:confused:

and yes I did try it with all 3 of the 'Ares Ultra' s appearing in my task manager.

All help will be MUCH appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Bump.

Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

You need to enter in your Run/Search box (near your "Start"/Windows icon button - bottom left) "msconfig"

A window will open up saying "System Configuration"
    4th Tab over "Startup", select it and untick the appropriate items in a list shown below, you DO NOT want to start-up at the next reboot.
    Try that and tell us how you get on.

Its had no affect, even now there are 2 ares symbols on the toolbar, taunting me, haha.

Any further suggestions? please :)

Install the 30 day full function trial of Tuneup Utilities 2010:
    http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/
    Find the "Configure system start" section under "Increase Performance" and open it.

You will see something like the below:
    Switch anything off that looks like the item you suspect is not needed at start-up.
    Your NOT deleting anything - don't worry about that. Your just disabling.

345yfjr.jpg

An editing of the system registry might also be needed but if your not used to that level of working under the bonnet of the operation system, I would not recommend you attempt that.
    I'd seek someone that really knows what to do there and how to do it.
    Otherwise - don't touch.

Sorry I didnt remember to post in this thread until now, but Biggins, what you told me to do above worked a treat, thanks a million :)

• Advertisement

Sorry I didnt remember to post in this thread until now, but Biggins, what you told me to do above worked a treat, thanks a million :)
    Glad to hear your sorted. :)

Advertisement