Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing 2010

Options
  • 21-01-2010 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all, Anyone apply for mature nursing 2010. I've read all the info in nursing careers centre book etc, but would would really appreciate any further info or apptitude test experiences/advice.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hey, im not going for nursing but i was just thinking that if you dont have much luck getting info here you could try going through the edu forum that has all the colleges listed...im sure you could get lots of info there-maybe even from someone who's in 1st yr nursing as they would have went through the whole process that we are now, and of the apptitute tests etc! and would even be able to tell you what your first year will be like!!!!!!!!!!

Thats only in case no-one here is applying for nursing!
    Hope you get your info!! and best of luck with your application and the dreaded apptitude test!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Hi qwertytlk,

Thanks for your advice, I have checked back over the old threads on this site regarding mature nursing, the process seems to be the same every year so some v. relevent info and it looks like everyone is stressing panicing over the dreaded aptitude test. Really exciting tho at same time. Fingers crossed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi guys,
    I've applied as a mature student for nursing 2010, I am dreading everything! test and interview but I really really want this... I've read everything I could find, but I'm still a bit sketchy. How are ye getting on? I've heard that there is a guy who does a day in the hilton hotel in Limerick, going through test, interview etc.. costs about e100 for the day. Has anyone else heard this? would you do it?

Hi Smiler,

There is a course being run in Cork by careerservices.ie but they run the nursing aptitude course all over the country so it could be the same Company. It cost €150 and is on Sat 27th March which is 2 weeks before aptitude test. I have signed up for it, haven't a clue if its any good or not but decided I have nothing to lose (only€150)...lol so hopefully it will be of some benefit. I think its a case of practice practice practice those test tho. Where ru applying for, Ive applied for UCC:)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I've applied in UL for mental health nursing. I'll look that up and hopefully i'll be able to get a place on a course somewhere. Where did you find the official date for the test? The ncc website doesn't have any updates and i haven't received anything from cao yet

• Advertisement

The NCC nursing/midwifery a career for you book has all the dates in it. You should be able to get a copy from nursing dept in UL or from the NCC. Letters from NCC about aptitude test will be sent out on March 12th, Assessment Sat 10th April, Interviews week of Mon17th May. Its all on page 37 of that book.

Advertisement