Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan severn

Options
  • 21-01-2010 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dan-Severn-52

Does nobody else find this unbelievable. This guy is 55 and has had fights from the early ninties upuntil a few months ago!. his record is 91 wins with 16 losses and untill a few fights ago was 11 fights unbeaten. just wow!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

No I don't find it unbelieveable, the guy is a pioneer. Was there at CW 2 years ago when he fought colin Robinson( iirc) uses his wrestling alot.

Quite the funny guy actually with what he was saying standing beside myles and myself during the weigh in. Good character too, has no problem taking pictures with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Yet he lost in that shootfighting competition the WWE (then WWF) ran. The "Brawl for All".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

His style meant he took relatively few blows to the head and the latter part of his career he will admit to taking on a far lower level of competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Yet he lost in that shootfighting competition the WWE (then WWF) ran. The "Brawl for All".

No, he quit because he was afraid of Bart Gunn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Travis Fulton, Travis Wiuff, Ricco Rodriguez and Jeremy Horn are other fighters who win about 4 out of every 5 fights and have fought an awful lot. I think Fulton is nearing 250 pro fights.

Just shows the longevity of fighters in MMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    No, he quit because he was afraid of Bart Gunn

It was 2 Cold Scorpio who Severn ducked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »

I cant remember what was the real story and what wasnt but Wikipedia has:
    UFC veteran Dan "The Beast" Severn withdrew after being frustrated by the round structure, the judging (his takedowns were repeatedly ruled 'not clean') and having to wear boxing gloves.

Wasnt Shamrock bracketed and then withdrew citing he has nothing to prove. All very weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 con-chance

Born May 29, 1977 (1977-05-29) (age 32)
    Waterloo, Iowa

MMA record : Total 249
    Wins 192
    By knockout 61
    By submission 124
    By decision 6
    Losses 45
    By knockout 4
    By submission 25
    By decision 14
    Draws 11
    No contests 1

What a legend... fighting pro MMA rules literally every 3 weeks for the last 14 years straight. only knocked out 4 times ever and has submitted heavyweight swingers be it not great fighters 124 times with 15 different types of submissions - 30 of those submissions were from strikes!

The Bloke must just feckin love fightin - and anyone who says he's a bum - ask yourself how many of those leppers from the most recent ultimate fighter would he ****in annihalate or submit in the first round..... it's a pity Dana hasn't given him the respect he disserves and offered him a 20k fight against a mid tier guy on one of his cards - even if he lost there'd be interest in the fight and he'd make a buck.

I was taking the piss. Lol at a UFC champion being afraid of Bart Gunn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I was taking the piss. Lol at a UFC champion being afraid of Bart Gunn

I was too :pac:

• Advertisement

I was too :pac:

Well Scorpio's cock could have made take down's difficult if the rumours are true

Advertisement