Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open nat

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hay I have a router and a seperate wireless router just for the wireless I'm trying to open the nat type in the wireless modem which I can only do by manualy pluging in the laptop. The modem is a belkin. How do I go about this your help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Model number?
    Have you tried the manufacturers website and/or docs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

If you are using windows, and are on wifi, you could find out the gateway ip address, by going to start>run>cmd>ipconfig. When you find it, type it into a web browser.

When you're there, your best bet would be to switch off the routing funtion in the wifi router, and set it as an access point, which means that wired and wireless client are on the same LAN technically ...

Why do you want to open the nat-online gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

www.portforward.com

Go there with your modem model number, select the service you are trying to configure and there should be a guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ssmackk

Hay thanks for the replies guys. I can't get into the wireless settings but I did get into the router settings it's the old netopia setup so is all to do with pinholes and the likes so I don't know much bout that. I know with the new eircom it's just push a botton and open nat. the Isp is imagine they have no real customer service. I have one other suspician would the ports be closed due to the fact that imagine have their parental security thing going on ? And ya tis for my sons xbox. I have been to portforward and tested to see if the ports were closed but the test didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

no worries glad to be abvle to help! regarding imagine having ports blocked by parental controls I wouldn't say so...

TO split up how to sort this out, first thing is the netopia dsl router configuration...what model number is it? 3341, 3342, 3347 or 2247? I'm going to recommend that you update the firmware (the software in it that runs things) as the latest firmware will probably support the xbox best. once you have that done, if you switch UPnP on in the router, if the xbox is able to connect directly to the router it will automatically open up any ports it needs.... If you go to http://192.168.1.254. it should tell you both the model number & current firmware version installed.

Of course, to give the xbox the opportunity to get direct connection access to the router, you'll need to configure the wifi access point/router to make it an access point... did you try my suggestion about finding out the wifi gateway address? failing that - what's its model number?

ALso, if possible when you're replying in future, please split it into paragraphs as it's easier to read a block of text...

• Advertisement
Advertisement