Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio advertising

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anyone got some information on radio advertising. Thinking of trying it for my business. But not sure is it successful or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It depends on your business, the station & ad quality.

I can say what worked really well for us last year was our use of radio, both in sponsorship & advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 livecall

make sure to use a unique phone number that you can track the response from the adverts.

haggle down the spot price 50-60% as radio are in bad need of money at the moment

dont get flogged rubbish times

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

I think radio can be very good, but it really depends on your target audience etc. One thing i will say is never skimp on the AD production and NEVER VO your own ad, unless you have years experience presenting. It will massively dilute the conversion rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GreenlightM

The first thing you need to do is understand the audience you wish to target... male, female, social & age category and their location i.e. Dublin/Urban/ All Ireland.
    Once you have establish this you can look at the profile of the stations and see if their audience fits your target audience.
    You then need to evaluated the deals they offer by looking at the Cost Per Thousand (CPT), for the campaign you need to look at the reach (total number of people that will hear the ad) & frequency (number of times they get to hear it).
    A final point here, depending on your budget, I wouldn’t just spend with one station as you are limiting the reach of the campaign better to look at use a number of stations.

If you have any question please just Bing me a note
    Best of luck
    GreenlightM

Advertisement