Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach Fishing

Options
  • 20-01-2010 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anyone here and experience flyfishing any of the beaches around dublin? What would be the most common species caught off the beaches in dublin?

Please post any recent experiences if anyone has any, ive officially caught the fishing bug again!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ingenuist

coolwings wrote: »

Did i come across as new to fishing altogether?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Ingenuist wrote: »
    Did i come across as new to fishing altogether?

No.
    The link I gave in my reply is intended to answer your second question.
    My flyfishing expertise is in freshwater, so I declined to answer the other.

I'm sure a saltwater flyfisher will answer your first question given adequate time, not many people flyfish Dublin seashores so only a few will consider answering that particular question. Some patience may be required to allow that to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

I've had pollack and squid on the fly off the beach at Killiney. Some of it is a bit tight for backcasting room - if you can get out just off the shore in a float tube you'd kill it!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

I live in louth at clogherhead and have caught macks on the fly rod, but only when the sea is alive with them! Lads have caught bass on the strand with the fly rod but iv never tried it, iv no waders:(. Its well worth a go here on the strand in the summer months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement