Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV licence summons

Options
  • 20-01-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Need some help with this one, something similar happend me, a man came around to my house and asked for some persons name who wasnt living there, he then proceeded and asked me for my name.

Instead of taking down my name as Sean brady the man wrote Sean barly.

i moved out of the house a few weeks after this. (mid september)

So i got a call then from the new tenants of the house in december saying that there was a receipt for a package dropped off and that i had to collect it in the nearby post office.

So i went up to collect it and discovered that it was actually a court summons for Sean Barly? The court appearance is next thursday? What should i do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Need some help with this one, something similar happend me, a man came around to my house and asked for some persons name who wasnt living there, he then proceeded and asked me for my name.

Instead of taking down my name as Sean brady the man wrote Sean barly.

i moved out of the house a few weeks after this. (mid september)

So i got a call then from the new tenants of the house in december saying that there was a receipt for a package dropped off and that i had to collect it in the nearby post office.

So i went up to collect it and discovered that it was actually a court summons for Sean Barly? The court appearance is next thursday? What should i do??
    You're not Sean Barly. The summons was issued in Sean Barlys name, as will be the bench warrant, which you can't be arrested with, since you're not Sean Barly. Afaik. Might want to check with the heads over in legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to speak to a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement