Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo from Wicklow Gaol

Options
  • 20-01-2010 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi all,

Some of you know me here, but I don't post very often! I read the threads every day... everything to do with the paranormal fascinates me and it always has. I have had many, many experiences since I was very young (I did post some in the mega 'What are your experiences thread' a long time ago if anyone's interested. I consider myself a believer, but a very skeptical one. I don't accept most of what is claimed to be 'paranormal', because I have seen far too much fakery and hype. My mind is very much open and I can't deny what I have experienced, but I will always look for the rational explanation first.

Anyway... to the point!

Wicklow Gaol is a place I have been to many times and am absolutely fascinated with. I do believe the place is haunted and I have had a couple of experiences there myself. Last year I went to one of their Night Tours, which I really enjoyed and I'd highly recommend. I took many photos (I go nowhere without my camera!) and only when I looked at them the next day did I notice this picture. (I have tons of photos with so called 'orbs' in them... some are dust, moisture, light reflections etc and some are not so easy to explain, but in general I dismiss them so I won't bore you with those!) This photo, however, is different.

I am well aware of the power of suggestion so I won't tell you what I see in the photo (my family, friends and the staff at Wicklow Gaol have seen the photo too). I'd really appreciate if you could have a look and tell me what you think. I'll just say to look at the top right side of the picture. It was taken on the upper walkway in the main part of the gaol. I'm including a close up of the specific area too. One member of staff from the gaol has given a suggestion as to what this might be and I'm so intrigued by it.

Thanks for reading... and sorry for all the rambling!

Laura

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Spirals,

Hi. Im very familiar with the Gaol myself, investigated it countless times. Your original picture is obviously very under exposed. What I suggest is that the image looks a lot like light reflecting off the iron bar which runs the length of the walkway along the right. It seems to be running off in a direction parallel to those on the right....What did the gaol say? They do play up the ghost thing in there quite a bit, keeps the green in the blue. The green being the money and the blue being my pants. If you have the raw file Id be happy to take a look at it for you if you want to PM it to me.

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spirals

Hi Grimes,

Thanks for the reply. The picture isn't great quality, it was quite dark and I don't really know if I can improve it or even how to! They definitely do play up the hauntings in WG! But what they've said is they think the image is that of the little girl who was apparently the daughter of the teacher and used to spend her days in the gaol with her mother. As always, I take these things with a pinch of salt... but I can clearly see the image of a little girl (I saw that before I showed them the photo), wearing a hat/bonnet type thing. I had noticed the light reflecting off the bar alright, but I don't really think that could create the human form that I can see. It's strange, and I don't want to sound like I'm desperate to see something that isn't there, because my miond doesn't work that way! I just don't know!

You do know there is a mannequin of two people just to the right of where that photo was taken assuming you have your back to the staircase which I think you do. One of the mannequins is of a mental patient..

423137649_dd3b5a06a3.jpg?v=0

Still Ill try and clean it up a bit later and repost it for you.

I was on the level above that... so the mannequins are pretty much directly below where I was standing. And thanks so much, I'd really appreciate it if you could clean it up a little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

The following photo was taken at a party in the Gaol. It certainly looks like a hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Looks like a close up of the hand rail catching the light.

4296379364_08221c7b57_o.jpg

Apologies for the delay in replying. SkepticOne, thanks so much for clearing up the photo.
    It's so strange... I can very clearly (even more so now!) see the image a young girl wearing a hat. Can no one else see it?! I'm the last person to see faces etc in photos usually so this is really puzzling me. I can see the reflection on the rail, but I can also see a human figure standing on the walkway. I'm attaching a copy of your cleaned up image just with a line around the figure, just so there's no mistaking the area I'm talking about.
    Maybe I'm going mad! But I'd love to know if anyone else can see what I'm seeing.
    Thanks again :)

Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Its definitely the handrail alright, with a bend in it; it must be near the top of the stairs. However there is also something else there, sitting on top of the rail. I think its most likely a small blob of ectoplasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It has the characteristic glow of ectoplasm that is true. Further investigation required I think.

I can see the feature the OP is talking about. Its just a trick of light. No ghosties im afrain

• Advertisement
Advertisement