Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPS Problem

Options
  • 20-01-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, was wondering if anyone can help please? My dps in instances seems to have dropped a lot. Can get 2500 with the dummies. My rotation is Garrote, HfB, Mut, SnD, Mut, (till max cp) envenom. Link to my char is below. Would much appreciate some tips if you can.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ds&n=Tardinuus

I gennerally get 1.6k to 1.8k in normals with drop to 800 in heroics!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dont know much about rogues to be hones,t but from what i can see your way under the hit cap, which is why your dps is low i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Ok, so how do I remedy that? I've read a ton of stuff about the class and I've been doing my best to follow all the conventional wisdom for assas rogues but.....

You could change your gems for +hit gems. There is a +20 hit on hand enchant (i think) and icewalker on your boots will give you +12 hit and +12 crit, its also very cheap. For now though keep spamming heroics to get the ilvl 232 tier stuff, pick up the +hit trinket too as that should bring you to the hitcap, and you will notice yoru dps go up alot.

k, thanks. Will keep trying with the heroics and follow your advice. Any other ideas etc would be welcome

You can always check youtube for rogue tutorial videos, im sure there are loads on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

armory seems down but being under the hitcap wont affect your dps that badly. 800 dps is into monkey smash keyboard territory.

Is your gear really bad? (if its all dungeon blues this might account for the low dps) If your gear is even a little bit upgraded (ilvl 200-ilvl226) then you should be up to 2k at least.

I have no clue about rogue rotations but thats the first place id look. After that look at your talent tree Id also make SURE that your using the top rank of all your abilities (duel spec can fùck with this).

Forget the videos and google rogue talent build and rogue rotations and youll get a ton of resources. Elitist Jerks would be a good place to start if you have the patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dustaz wrote: »
    armory seems down but being under the hitcap wont affect your dps that badly. 800 dps is into monkey smash keyboard territory.

Is your gear really bad? (if its all dungeon blues this might account for the low dps) If your gear is even a little bit upgraded (ilvl 200-ilvl226) then you should be up to 2k at least.

I have no clue about rogue rotations but thats the first place id look. After that look at your talent tree Id also make SURE that your using the top rank of all your abilities (duel spec can fùck with this).

Forget the videos and google rogue talent build and rogue rotations and youll get a ton of resources. Elitist Jerks would be a good place to start if you have the patience.

Solid advice

mmo-champion also have some solid guides

www.mmo-champion/class-rogue

you should find a wealth of hand holding guides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Tardinuus correct armoury link?? Will look at it again when get home but lunch just finished :(

Is a few talents need switched about. Check on elitistjerks.com for some rogue builds. Gear mightnt be high enough for ruptureless build though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-pocket_guide_wotlk_updated_3_3_a/

Have a read of that, it's a very good post to read over.

Rogue forums, browse through them and take what you can in http://elitistjerks.com/f78/

Don't reset Recount after an instance, click on your DPS and observe the stats. Observe from the stats your dps percentages plus the amount of missed/dodged hits, specials, poison apps etc., and take from those stats an idea of how you need to improve your gear.
    Your gear does need a lot of improvement but don't get hung up on it too much, even the pvp gear from WinterGrasp is a very decent starting point as it comes with high +hit stats.

Hi, thanks for the replies. AS far as the reading I have done (it has been prety extensive) I have the right rotation etc. I know that the gear needs sorting and plan to hit Wintergrasp as advised and I'm trying more heroics. Just started a new job so its not really conducive to WoW as I'm knackered! Will post back as to results. Any other tips please keep 'em coming. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement