Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO with Fetac Certificate

Options
  • 20-01-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am applying via CAO this year based on my Fetac Certificate rather then leaving cert results.
    I was told to
    "Make sure you mark your application as a 'non-standard' application so your qualification will be considered."
    I assume that means the special category but there isnt an option for FETAC in the options 1-f

So I am not sure if i need to fill in Part B?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Is there something that says other qualifications or anything on it, in educational section maybe? I can't remember what the application form is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi,

Im applying as a mature student but i have done FETAC courses aswell and have filled in the sections for fetac and other courses, which are all located on part B!
    If you were told to mark it 'non standard' then as far as im aware that refers to FETAC applicants (you!) and mature students, so all that is on part B!!

I hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Hi thanks for the replies. I am not going as a mature student.

I have attached a screen shot of the form. I know I can fill the details in the blank page but am unsure of which box to tick (a-f):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,281 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'Mature applicants and applicants who have qualifications other than the 1985-2010 Irish Leaving Cert and/or 2002-2010 FETAC Level 5/6 (NCVA Level 2/3) are categorised as Non-Standard Applicants. Such applicants must complete the non-standard application section of the application process.' (my italics) See http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php

As I read it it seems the information you were given was either wrong or misunderstood?

Also see http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=scoring&s=fetac

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Sorry, i mis-understood; i thought you were a mature aswell, anyway since you are applying on the basis of your FETAC results you would be classed as a 'non-traditional' applicant, so as far as im aware that also qualifies you to complete section B.

If your still unsure then just go to the 'contact' link on the CAO site and there is a 'frequently asked questions' section, if the answer to your question isnt there, then at the bottom of the page there's a link to email the CAO, so i suggest you do that. And just to let you know, iv emailed them before and they are pretty good at replying qucikly, each time i did i got a response either that day if it was between working hours (9am-1pm, 2pm-5pm)so if you emailed today;Sunday, im sure you would have a response MOnday morning.

Good luck.:)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. Emailed them on thursday. I clearly stated on the email I was not a mature student and they told me "f you are a mature student you would need to tick box F":mad::(

I re-emailed them and it failed:(

Anyone know if there is a helpline this year ? Or will I just ring the contact number on the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i tried ringing them on there website number 40 times in one day and no ne answered :(

G
    i tried ringing them on there website number 40 times in one day and no ne answered :(

Grrrr really?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    G

Grrrr really?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

yea i was onhold that much that i started attaching pegs to me to tkae my mind of the boardem tho you could be lucky like the lotto add ;)

Advertisement