Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adult bapistism in dublin

Options
  • 20-01-2010 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Is there any catholic churches in dublin that give the sacrament of bapistism to adults who are wishing to become christian? Does it cost much and would you need any requirements or that? I would appreciate any information. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Any particular reason why you are limiting your queston to Catholic churches?

If you feel a Christian calling to be baptised, you probably shouldn't need to ask this question as you will be involved with a church already

If you don't feel a Christian calling then why bother? Do you think the Catholic church has a lower standard for accepting candidates for adult baptism than any other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 aislingm137

Its for my friend who is wishing to become a christian.
    Homer911, what r u sayin judgemental things for. Im delighted for him anyone who has a bit of a connection to Jesus would be happy that he wil hav a new start in life.

Its for my friend who is wishing to become a christian.
    Homer911, what r u sayin judgemental things for. Im delighted for him anyone who has a bit of a connection to Jesus would be happy that he wil hav a new start in life.

Apologies if I sounded judgemental, this was definitely not my intention. I was just seeking to understand - your request appeared to contain contradictions

BTW, the act of baptism does not make someone a Christian - it is an outward declaration of an inner change

If your friend is "charged" by a church for baptism, then I suggest he has chosen the wrong church

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I would suggest that if posters make a request for information about a specific church or denomination then we refrain from prosletysing and simply answer those requests.

For example, if a poster asks where someone goes if they want to be baptised as a Catholic - let's not have others saying, "Hey! Why not try another church instead?"

Equally, if someone says they are interested in attending a Protestant Bible study, let's not have Catholic posters saying, "Don't do it! We're the only true Church!"

Of course other threads exist for the very purpose of debate and discussion, and it aids mutual understanding that in those threads we express our views robustly (but not rudely).

So, if someone asks for information - let's give them the information.

If someone asks for debate, let's give them a debate! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Is there any catholic churches in dublin that give the sacrament of bapistism to adults who are wishing to become christian? Does it cost much and would you need any requirements or that? I would appreciate any information. Thank you

Hello Aisling, just to add to what Plowman has said, what you're asking about is known as RCIA - Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.

You can find more details at

http://www.litmus.dublindiocese.ie/viewsubmenu.php?page=RCIA&MID=62
    and
    http://www.litmus.dublindiocese.ie/rcia.htm
    and
    http://www.corkandross.org/html/parishes/rcia.jsp

God bless,
    Noel.

PDN wrote: »
    I would suggest that if posters make a request for information about a specific church or denomination then we refrain from prosletysing and simply answer those requests.

For example, if a poster asks where someone goes if they want to be baptised as a Catholic - let's not have others saying, "Hey! Why not try another church instead?"

So, if someone asks for information - let's give them the information.

If someone asks for debate, let's give them a debate! :D

Sorry PDN, I consider myself chastised!
    (but I'm still curious about the motivation of the OP's friend)

Advertisement