Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto Desk Viewer

Options
  • 20-01-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,
    i work for a precast company that are mainly involved in the the design detail and manufacture of precast buildings. using Acad and other add ons to detail most of our shop drawings
    we have an issue where production occurs outside of office hours. if a dimension is missing off a drawing production stops unitl the design team arrive. This causes serious problems. i have heard of an autodesk viewer that can be used to get additional dimensions, is this the case??? where can i get it? do drawings need to be converted to another format?
    im really looking for the simplest soloution as the foreman in the production area has no cad experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

AutoDesk have a free program called TrueView:
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=6703438&siteID=123112
    It will allow you to dimension drawings as well as print.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

Thanks for the reply Jimbo,
    i have been talking to some of the guys in the office, it wont always be Auto CAD drawings that will be issued for production (we also use 3D software to detail elements) these drawings are not in dwg format. but can be converted into dwf format easily. basically im asking is there a reader that can read, dimension & print dwfs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

brosnadog wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Jimbo,
    i have been talking to some of the guys in the office, it wont always be Auto CAD drawings that will be issued for production (we also use 3D software to detail elements) these drawings are not in dwg format. but can be converted into dwf format easily. basically im asking is there a reader that can read, dimension & print dwfs?

Try Autodesk Design Review

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=4086277

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

Thanks for that Lu Tze, it looks like what we need. :)

Advertisement