Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head covering - Still relevant?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭

I would be interested in feed back on this.

Myself and a a few others from my church were discussing the issue of womens head coverings last night. As a church we would observe the head covering doctrine but we certainly can see how it would cause conflict in modern times. My understanding from scripture, certainly from the passage in 1Timothy 1:11-15, is that the covering of glory goes back to Creation; and as a result a womans glory (her head) should be covered in church.

What is your opinion? Does the head covering have relevance in today's assemblies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

If you hadnt added a very specific question, I would have said "this guy attends a christian assembly" Bray? Rathmines? There cant be too many of them at this stage, most would prefer to be called independent evangelical churches and wouldn't have such strict rules.

I would have thought that it was specifically up to the assemblies to decide - what would happen if a woman turned up without a head covering?

Maybe this will help:
    http://www.gotquestions.org/head-coverings.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yes our church would be an assembly, in Shankill. You werent far off!

We've had women turn up who were visiting our church and not wear a head covering. I've no problem with that, we cant assume a visitor to adhere to a doctrine they might not be familiar with.

Cheers for the link, I'll take a look.

Advertisement