Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro-bowl 2010

Options
  • 20-01-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

What tool decided that this was to be played an the week BEFORE the Superbowl??

Lets say the Vikings and the Colts make the Superbowl... the vikes have 10 players named as pro-bowl starters (highest number in NFC). The colts have 6 players named as starters (highest in AFC). Thats 16 players that will not get to play the pro-bowl, and 16 different players who were not originally picked get to go instead. It's a bit riduculous in fairness.

End rant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

evil_seed wrote: »
    What tool decided that this was to be played an the week BEFORE the Superbowl??

Lets say the Vikings and the Colts make the Superbowl... the vikes have 10 players named as pro-bowl starters (highest number in NFC). The colts have 6 players named as starters (highest in AFC). Thats 16 players that will not get to play the pro-bowl, and 16 different players who were not originally picked get to go instead. It's a bit riduculous in fairness.

End rant.

Have to say I dont really care when the Pro Bowl is on. Its a pointless game that is generally very forgetable. The honour of being a pro bowler isnt the same as it once was with the voting policies in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

i don't really see when this game could be played to get the best out of it. Tbh, it's a pointless game - the players are on holiday, and aren't really gonna want to bang themselves up for a meaningless game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Vince Young drafted into the All Pro team due to others pulling out. :D Brady, Big Ben and possibly Manning to miss the game.

Now that Manning's a no-show, I think it's only right Sanchez gets a shot next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

The way it's going JaMarcus Russell will probably get a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

davyjose wrote: »
    Now that Manning's a no-show, I think it's only right Sanchez gets a shot next week.

Why? If he wasn't voted and isn't high up on the backup list they most likely wont give him any shot. But why should he go to the Pro Bowl?

Schaub and Young are ahead of him. And I'd say there are others ahead of him on the list. He didn't have a season worthy enough of a Pro Bowl and before you say he got to the AFC Champ Game lets not forget he didn't get them there.

Why? If he wasn't voted and isn't high up on the backup list they most likely wont give him any shot. But why should he go to the Pro Bowl?

Schaub and Young are ahead of him. And I'd say there are others ahead of him on the list. He didn't have a season worthy enough of a Pro Bowl and before you say he got to the AFC Champ Game lets not forget he didn't get them there.

Schaub and Young are in, are they not? I think when the kid gets to the AFC game and puts on a pretty damn good show, and the big boys (Manning rivers Brady Ben) are all out, he deserves it.

Schaub and Young are in, are they not? I think when the kid gets to the AFC game and puts on a pretty damn good show, and the big boys (Manning rivers Brady Ben) are all out, he deserves it.

He doesn't deserve it he had a shocking regular season and good playoffs. Hardly Pro Bowl Worthy. And my point about Schaub and Young is yes they are ahead of him and in the Pro Bowl but who knows how far up the list they are ahead of him. It will be a joke if Sanchez gets in there based on this season and will sum up how bad the Pro Bowl is becoming.

He doesn't deserve it he had a shocking regular season and good playoffs. Hardly Pro Bowl Worthy. And my point about Schaub and Young is yes they are ahead of him and in the Pro Bowl but who knows how far up the list they are ahead of him. It will be a joke if Sanchez gets in there based on this season and will sum up how bad the Pro Bowl is becoming.

I don't really disagree with you, but tell me, who gets the nod ahead of him? Chad Henne? Russell? Brady Quinn?
    He's had a poor 2nd half to the reg season, but a great start, and an immense Post-season.

I don't really disagree with you, but tell me, who gets the nod ahead of him? Chad Henne? Russell? Brady Quinn?
    He's had a poor 2nd half to the reg season, but a great start, and an immense Post-season.

Carson Palmer, Kyle Orton. Lets not forget the voting for the Pro Bowl is done before the Post season. Sanchez had a poor whole season. 12 TD in total 6 in the first half 6 in the 2nd half of the season. 20 Int on the season 10 in the 1st 10 in the 2nd. And with a QB rating of 63 im sorry he doesnt deserve a pro bowl spot.

As for the Playoffs I wouldnt have said immense. He was good but not immense. 2 good games out of the 3 they played. The Bengals were rubbish and Sanchez did well because he wasn't asked to win a game or put under pressure to win the game so his stats looked awesome. He had an average game against the Chargers. Their Defense and the Chargers mistakes and Greene won that game and then we come to the game tonight. The Colts gifted them long passes tonight. That 80 yard pass Sanchez threw it 20 yards to an Open man, and by open Russell could have thrown that TD :D

The Colts keyed on the run and the the Jets had room to throw the ball. But when the Colts closed up their Secondary and forced the Jets to throw the ball Sanchez couldn't.

Now in time he could become a good QB but I would hardly say he was fantastic this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

anyone got a link to an updated roster now we know who's Superbowl bound?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

bobby wade wrote: »
    anyone got a link to an updated roster now we know who's Superbowl bound?

Lists everybody on the wikipedia page, but notes those that are injured, going to the Superbowl etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Pro_Bowl

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/25/fourteen-players-added-to-pro-bowl-rosters/
    Added to the AFC Pro Bowl roster are:

QB David Garrard, Jacksonville (replacing Peyton Manning)
    WR Vincent Jackson, San Diego (replacing Reggie Wayne)
    TE Heath Miller, Pittsburgh (replacing Dallas Clark)
    C Kevin Mawae, Tennessee (replaces Jeff Saturday)
    DE Kyle Vanden Bosch, Tennessee (replacing Dwight Freeney)
    DE Shaun Ellis, N.Y. Jets (replacing Robert Mathis)
    S Yeremiah Bell, Miami (replacing Antoine Bethea)

Added to the NFC Pro Bowl roster are:

QB Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia (replacing Drew Brees)
    OT David Diehl, N.Y. Giants (replacing Jon Stinchcomb)
    OG Chris Snee, N.Y. Giants (replacing Jahri Evans)
    C Ryan Kalil, Carolina (replacing Jonathan Goodwin)
    LB London Fletcher, Washington (replacing Jonathan Vilma)
    FS Antrel Rolle, Arizona (replacing Darren Sharper)
    SS Quintin Mikell, Philadelphia (replacing Roman Harper)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Is this being shown on anything other then sky sport 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

David Garrard got in? 2 Jags in the Pro Bowl, awesome.

Advertisement