Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any body suffering by tinnitus?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

is there any cure for this, or you have to live with it for the rest of your life.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Have you been diagnosed with it? If so - which form is it? IIRC there are a few forms depending on the causes.
    A male friend of mine has it, but I'm not sure which form, I know he wears gel earplugs a lot of the time, especially when out in bars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭leom

star-pants wrote: »
    Have you been diagnosed with it? If so - which form is it? IIRC there are a few forms depending on the causes.
    A male friend of mine has it, but I'm not sure which form, I know he wears gel earplugs a lot of the time, especially when out in bars etc.

I dont know which form is it? i have not even been to doctor.. but suffering since last year... i was told that 16% of population suffers from it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Then people can't really advise you, it could be caused by a range of things. Only your doctor can tell you for certain which type it is, or if it is definitely tinnitus.
    If you've been suffering since last year you really should have gone by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

WHAT?...........:rolleyes:

Seriuosly though i suffer from it...although i find wearing ear plugs makes it seem worse..most of the time the noise around me cancels it out to a degree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

WHAT?...........:rolleyes:

this isn't after hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

OP you should definitely get it checked out, to at least make sure it's tinnitus and not an ear infection or something. I'm going to close this thread for the time being - once you've been diagnosed officially we can go again. I have heard thai massage is good for it, btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement