Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question RE: Access course in UCD/CAO

Options
  • 20-01-2010 2:15am

Now I'm gonna run this by one of the lecturers later in the week, but would ust like some info if anyone can help..

I'm doing access to arts/social sciences at the moment. I'm lookin at doing History and politics as my degree but I'm unsure if you're able to pick any course you want after the access course, i.e. if you can only do arts etc.

Also, what box do I tick on the CAO seeing as I'm doing the Access course. I don't have any sort of qualification at the moment but I'm guessing I'm supposed to mention it somewhere.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What do you mean about picking your course? As in doing History and Political Science at TCD? Yes, of course you can apply. Doing the access course at UCD doesn't limit your application to UCD. I did an access course at UCD and got into TCD.

The access course will have given you a good grounding of art and social sciences and means you can pretty much apply anywhere. I think the difference with applying to UCD is that they hold a number of places on the Arts course for students from the access course (like they did on the science access and the science omnibus).

Put the Access course information in Educational section. I can't remember exactly where, but if it mentions FETAC anywhere put it in that section as the course is based on FETAC levels (although it doesn't have that qualification yet) if you get me.

Advertisement