Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would i be entitled to?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi all,

had a thought a few weeks ago that i might go back to college before its to late ( in my opinion anyways =) ) Im 25 workin in a full time job and renting an overpriced apt..

If i was to go back id obviously have to swap the full time work for part time but i cant move back home.. So my question is what am i entitled to? ie help with rent and grants etc..

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

if your on a social welfare payment for 6+ months before starting a third level course, then you should be entitled to the BTEA scheme. this is €197 a week plus a €500 euro book allowance paid when you start.
    The government are also setting up a method of helping students pay the registration fee who are on the BTEA scheme, as they no longer qualify for the grant scheme.

sadly, you are only entitled to get the BTEA OR the grant.

if your on the BTEA, then you have the ability to apply for rent allowance too.

my advice,

save as much as you can. go see the facilitator in your local welfare office. tell him your situation, and he will advice you on the best route.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

Thanks for the reply.. sry i was having trouble setting up my password so havent been on in a while..

P.s should i go to my welfare office now? and tell him im workin but might need to quit to get that BTEA thing. I know stupid question but honestly dont know where to start

Advertisement