Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental Health Services

Options
  • 19-01-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knew generally how long you would have to wait to see the mental health team in St. James hospital.

My GP sent the letter off in early December and I havn't heard anything yet. He did say that it was urgent and I'd rather be seen sooner rather than later....

Any idea's??

Finn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

easiest way to find out is to ring the secretary and ask

it depends on your address

the psych services are divided into teams, each team covers a specific geographical area, so you will have been referred to that team.

each team will have different waiting lists, depending on how many referrals they have,how many team members etc

if you ring the dept, any secretary will be able to tell you which team covers your area and you can then speak to that teams secretary and ask about teh waiting list

Advertisement