If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact


  • 19-01-2010 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

    I have made some progress at a trace (i.e my own birth cert, non-ident info and an idea of who I am looking for but natmother used her married name (although she was a widow) and no maiden name on my birth cert. Poses a challenge as becomes a wider process of elimination and requires faith in non indentifying info... with committments that make it hard to spend time in the records office I have considered getting professional assitance from someone used to navigating these records. Has anyone else done this? could you tell me your experience (PM or public)? ta


  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

    hi lotstosay,
    im sorry u have hit a brick wall, but don,t give up. have u found her marraige cert that should be easy enough to find if u have her marraige name and her first name, are u intouch with ur adoption agency and have u asked them to do a search for u.
    i tried to search for my mother years ago while i was on the waiting list for trace and reunion in cunamh, i hit a brick wall and could,nt get any further, my mothers name was very common and she had been raised in an orphange.
    try as i might i had to wait for help from cunamh, sometimes that just the way it goes.....kathy

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MJD01

    Finding the marriage cert would reveal more information for you - maiden name: her father name: where they are from. You can start from the year you were born as you know she was already married and work backwards. I have a person who helped me but I did pay him for a day at the records and the expense at the records office.