Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Shop (portlaoise)

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the triple X (XXX) or Double X (XX) smoke in the nirvana head shop in portlaoise town and experienced very negative feelings after it or had any bad experience from that product in terms of a bad trip. If you havent tried it and are thinking of it my advice to you is DONT. Its not like cannabis or grass, thats actually harmless compared to this product. I dont want to spoil other peoples party but it should be banned. I tried triple x once (2-12-09)and my heart raced so much I thought I was having a heart attack and an ambulance was called for me and spent 4hrs from midnight onwards in A + E.

I went to the headshop the following week and asked them if they'd anything lighter as my mates convinced me (what an idiot I am) that I only felt my heart race because I wasn't experienced enough. I smoked it about 4 wks later and on jan 13th of this year I had a bad trip, So bad infact i thought I was going to die that night (in my sleep) and i had nothing but negative feelings all night and since that night Im having feelings that life isn't worth while. Im never ever like this. Im not a regular smoker of grass or hash (might get a lump upto 5 times a year ) but ive smoked grass and hash in amsterdam but never in my life have i experienced what ive experienced with a headshop product XXX & XX

I have a great paying job, great relationsip with my gf, going to house hunt this year please god and tomorrow im going to book an appointment with the doctor as I dont feel 100% mentally(im very depressed), all from smoking a product from a headshop.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Hi, i'd definitely advise you to consult your g.p. who could
    give you valuable info on this product. Also think you should report
    this place. Good luck and i hope you recover quickly!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,286 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the whole argument to be made from persons liberal to the use of drugs (illegal or not) is that persons should educate themselves fully before use.

http://www.nirvanaheadshop.com/smoke-xxx-3g.html

i assume this is the product? its active ingredient is jwh-018

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JWH-018

check the wiki page
    it is being made illegal at fast rate across europe.

to be honest, if you want to smoke something to get a high, smoke weed. at least you can see what you are inhaling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I'm wary these days of stuff from the Headshop's, I've had similar experiences where my heart was pounding for hours and I was really not liking it at all. I haven't gone near some of that stuff since.

Sydthebeat's advice is bang on. Grow yer own I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sonoftony

sydthebeat wrote: »
    the whole argument to be made from persons liberal to the use of drugs (illegal or not) is that persons should educate themselves fully before use.

http://www.nirvanaheadshop.com/smoke-xxx-3g.html

i assume this is the product? its active ingredient is jwh-018

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JWH-018

check the wiki page
    it is being made illegal at fast rate across europe.

to be honest, if you want to smoke something to get a high, smoke weed. at least you can see what you are inhaling.
    agree there , that ****e from them shops isnt worth a **** , as you said a decent bit of weed is grown naturally with no chemicals added.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,286 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

im not advocating anything in one way or another... im just saying get educated about what you put into your body.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mona Lott

OK - long time smoker (35 years+) before these headshops came on the scene. got fed up of buying poor quality soapbar on the streets and always looking over your shoulder for the boys in blue. Head shop opened up in my own town and tried some of their smoke products and found it different to say the least. Much stronger, left you with the red eye syndrome the next day (yes - work colleagues did notice) and still a bit of a buzz too.
    18 months down the line - I too have noticed a difference mentally and physically I've been getting the occasional leg ulcer which personally I would put down to these headshop products.

Make your own mind up, but best think twice as these headshops won't be around for long before leglisation closes them down for good.

Why do they print on the packets - NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPSION or INCENCE AROMA

I miss my old smoke, but I'm staying well away from this synthetic stuff..no matter what they label it as

Jaybo - fair play for opening up a thread on this, wish you the very best and good luck for a healthy and happy future

(old time boards head, but not posted under my usual name)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Mona Lott wrote: »
    Why do they print on the packets - NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPSION or INCENCE AROMA

Yeah what is the story with that warning "Not for Human Consumption."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mona Lott

Exactly what it says - legal get out clause I guess

These shops are making a killing [literally] while they can

local headshop prop casually mentioned one such smoke product "you know I can't get enough of the to sell"

I'm not saying to anyone what to smoke or not to smoke, but those leg ulcers arn't funny and despite no medical knowledge - pound to a penny it's the residue of toxins being excreeted from MY body in the form of ulcers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

tried the other stuff and all i can say is never again,i feel safer taking e's and coke before this ****,not that i take it anymore.better off away from it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

I'm struggling to find any sympathy for people who complain about the effects of a product that is clearly labelled 'Not for Human Consumption'. Obviously there is a bigger issue here, in that an evidently dangerous product is available for general sale without any legal implications, but come on people, surely the warning on the product is enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Kenteach wrote: »
    I'm struggling to find any sympathy for people who complain about the effects of a product that is clearly labelled 'Not for Human Consumption'. Obviously there is a bigger issue here, in that an evidently dangerous product is available for general sale without any legal implications, but come on people, surely the warning on the product is enough!

Its the same with Cigarette smokers. It says on those boxes that smoking kills yet millions do it every day. Sure arent we told that everything is bad for us.

On a more serious note i think these shops should be closed down. As another poster said the active ingredient in these products is fast becoming illegal in a lot of european countries. These shops prey on the weak selling so called 'legal' substances. They are only legal because the governments have not made them illegal yet. Once they are made illegal the companies that supply them will come up with some other harmful chemical not on the banned list yet and sell that as a social drug.

If you want to get a cannabis type high, smoke cannabis. If you want to get drunk, drink alchohol.

Im not anti drugs. Ive dabbled a lot in my youth, not so much anymore (only the occasional smoke). But i agree with the posters above. Know what you are taking and what effect it will have on you.

If you are susceptible to depression or mental illness, steer well clear of drugs and the gobsh1tes that try to convince you that this stuff is somehow good for you because it has not been banned yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Misuse of Drugs Act gives Gardai carte blanche to search people they suspect of carrying illegal drugs (or so I have been lead to believe..) but stopping and searching people outside the Headshop which sells legal drugs, that's just a bit stupid and totally pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Em how is it?! The possibility of someone who frequents a head shop carrying illegal drugs is fairly high!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jack of all

kmart6 wrote: »
    The possibility of someone who frequents a head shop.........is fairly high!

Sorry, couldn't resist!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Haha,didn't even notice that!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

kmart6 wrote: »
    Em how is it?! The possibility of someone who frequents a head shop carrying illegal drugs is fairly high!

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

OP, you are being naive if you believe that this XXX stuff is the sole cause of your depression and other ailments. I don't wish to be harsh but the fact of the matter is that plenty of other people do it and don't experience these effects. XXX is obviously not a healthy substance but it can definitely tease out and exacerbate underlying issues. Placing all of the blame on a relatively benign chemical is ridiculous. Why on earth you tried it a second time after a visit to the ER is beyond and me and now that I think of it, I would definitely question the veracity of your story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LKAlias1989

jaybo wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone tried the triple X (XXX) or Double X (XX) smoke in the nirvana head shop in portlaoise town and experienced very negative feelings after it or had any bad experience from that product in terms of a bad trip. If you havent tried it and are thinking of it my advice to you is DONT. Its not like cannabis or grass, thats actually harmless compared to this product. I dont want to spoil other peoples party but it should be banned. I tried triple x once (2-12-09)and my heart raced so much I thought I was having a heart attack and an ambulance was called for me and spent 4hrs from midnight onwards in A + E.

I went to the headshop the following week and asked them if they'd anything lighter as my mates convinced me (what an idiot I am) that I only felt my heart race because I wasn't experienced enough. I smoked it about 4 wks later and on jan 13th of this year I had a bad trip, So bad infact i thought I was going to die that night (in my sleep) and i had nothing but negative feelings all night and since that night Im having feelings that life isn't worth while. Im never ever like this. Im not a regular smoker of grass or hash (might get a lump upto 5 times a year ) but ive smoked grass and hash in amsterdam but never in my life have i experienced what ive experienced with a headshop product XXX & XX

I have a great paying job, great relationsip with my gf, going to house hunt this year please god and tomorrow im going to book an appointment with the doctor as I dont feel 100% mentally(im very depressed), all from smoking a product from a headshop.

Thanks for reading.
    You should read customer reviews on these products before you buy them. Here is an online head shop located in Ireland and it does free deliveries. The customer reviews on the products from the site are very useful for a wise purchase. Always start with something weak and work your way up is what I always say. Its like drinking too much vodka as a first time drinker, Legal highs are sure different. I recommend King B, my brother loves that stuff over hash.. Cheers.
    https://www.irishheadstores.com/browse/Main/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drifters

jaybo wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks for reading.

just wanted to post this to see how you got on.is everything back to normal?or do you still feel effects?

• Advertisement
Advertisement