Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a simple question about grants

Options
  • 19-01-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Just a simple question folks. My father became unemployed in the last month and is currently receiving social welfare. I am attending a Level 7 course in an Institute of Technology and was didn't apply for my grant back in August due to late acceptance and i knew i wouldn't get it with my parents combined income.

The question is, can i still apply for it? Thanks for taking the time to answer to those that will :o

p.s. I am intending on applying to Galway City VEC

Comments

Basically if your family has a reduction in income you apply under a change in circumstances, so assuming they accept your application you would be eligible, yes. Get on the phone to them tomorrow to let you know your case, and mention why you couldn't apply last year.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

Thanks for your help Donal. I did exactly that and they accepted it. Just waiting for it to be reviewed now. The Galway office has been reduced from 14 staff down to 2.

eyresquare wrote: »
    Thanks for your help Donal. I did exactly that and they accepted it. Just waiting for it to be reviewed now. The Galway office has been reduced from 14 staff down to 2.

Excellent, congrats! Just if they don't get back to you in the next week or so make sure to follow up with a friendly reminder phonecall, even if they are on reduced staff.

Advertisement