Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Length of personal statement

Options
  • 19-01-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

hey, how long on average should a personal statement for a mature student be? I know it depends on the course and what you have to say but if peope could tell me how long theirs are wud b great! thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Mine was just over 800 words, so about 2 pages typed up. But it doesn't have to be that long. I had a lot of work experience I wanted to comment on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭browne111

thanks, im worried mine will be too long. Altho i dont have much experience, i have a lot to say, i think thats just the way i am though!!!:D:D:D
    I suppose i btr not blab on too much tho!!

have two or three people proof read it and ask for their advice.

Don't have it too long. Have it concise. Don't waffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭browne111

ya i wonder if three pages is to long?

Yes it is. Go over it again. Get others to read through it and ask them to suggest what you leave out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement