Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet streaming

Options
  • 19-01-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place to put it. not surev if there is a right place on boards so if there is wud a mod mind moving it thanks

Is there anyone out there that has had problems streaming off sites online.
    The problem i have is that it downloads half the show and then stops im using sliver screen and the link itsself is veoh.com

if anyone out there can help me i will be thankfull

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is it buffering?
    Are you on a decent internet connection?
    Does it happen watching you tube videos too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Thats been happening to my youtube videos lately. No idea why. Even when my connection is perfect. Buffers too half way then stops buffering and when it reachs that point it stops. Only happens on some videos though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Firefox by any chance? This is a well known issue, This fix didn't really fix it completely for me but it did stream a little better. Seems to be alot better in the latest 3.6 version of Firefox, I've not noticed it since my browser updated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Yea was Firefox that i was using. Had some issues with downloads pausing but the recent update fixed them. Will just use chrome for the moment for videos and when is fixed continue with firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I also turn stop Firefox scanning for viruses which speeds things even more

• Advertisement
Advertisement