Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRANES, Cocteaus, Cure

Options
  • 19-01-2010 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Speaking of alternative, we are going to put on CRANES on April 17th in Whelans.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&q=cranes&search.x=0&search.y=0

Its been ages (1992) since they were here last.
    I got in to those guys around the time of my first gig which I am embarrassed to say, wasn't very long ago. Went to Saint Etienne doing Midnight at the Olympia and I think someone was playing some Cranes before SE came on. Very much my gateway band to the likes of The Cure and Cocteau Twins. Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cinnamon girl

TBH I always hated this band. "Altered Images in hell" I used to call them.

But, to each their own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Cranes were a band I always meant to investigate in the early 90s, but never did - I've heard two songs by them: one awful in my opinion, the other fantastic (a flamenco flavoured kinda dealio - don't know its name). They were OTT alternative to the point of being inaccessible and I don't like her voice.

Always loved the Cocteaus, and other Cranes contemporaries like Lush and Curve. Miranda Sex Garden were another in that vein. And Bleach (they've better songs than that MBV lite number but very hard to find their stuff on YouTube).

Advertisement