Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Rent Supplement

Options
  • 19-01-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

[FONT=&quot]Intro[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- I am Irish national, unemployed, single and live in Cork.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- I have no properties and I lived in a house that I didn’t have to pay for.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- I want to move to Dublin.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Rules[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Getting Rent Supplement[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You may be eligible for Rent Supplement if the accommodation is suitable for your needs, the rent is below the maximum rent level set for your county and you are: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Assessed in the last 12 months by a local authority[/FONT][FONT=&quot] as being eligible for and in need of social housing or [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Living in accommodation for homeless people for 6 months (183 days) out of the last 12 months or [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Living in private rented accommodation for 6 months[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (183 days) out of the last 12 months or [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]A tenant of accommodation provided under one of the Social Housing Schemes[/FONT]

Questions

1. What are the steps to apply for rent supplement in Dublin?
    2. Can I just move to Dublin and apply for housing to get rent supplement or should I actually live for 6 months in rented accommodation?

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]P.S.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I can't pay the accommodation in Dublin for 6 months out of my own pocket.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Thank you!

Advertisement