Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Photographer?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 3:37pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know a few of yee on the forum are into your photos so i said i'd see does anyone reccomend a reasonably prices photographer for weddings.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Jason King is good..never used him myself but I know of a couple that have and spoke very highly of him http://www.illuminatephotography.ie/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Used Mike Patterson back in Sept for my wedding,

http://www.mikepatterson.com
    He's up in Galway but he'll travel no bother :)

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

We used Robert Power from Dungarvan. A nice guy, and myself and Mrs. Spocker were more than happy with the cost and the results.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Cheers lads,

What were they like on the day. I was at a wedding a few years ago that the was actually a complete prick to guest telling them were to stand and the like. I think the couple paid 1000 old punts at the time and I remember thinking how could anyone drop that kind of money for a service and put up with that.

I'm on the mobile site now so i'll have a look at their sites tonight.

Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

We used Andrew McDermott (Clonmel) for ours. Basic enough though...

Thing is Ziedth, is splashing out on a photographer the way to go these days? Now that anyone can own a top quality digital camera, and you can print them yourself, why not just get people to take many photos and put them in an album yourself? Wedding albums tend to just get put away in the wardrobe, or under the bed. I can count on one hand the number of times I've looked at mine in the last six years! My wedding video has been viewed many a time though. My advice for anyone getting married is to get a video made. You see so much of what you missed on the day, and get to relive the rest.

My brother-in-law used Infokus for his wedding, and I have to say, the album was a work of art. Plus they got booklet versions made for the wedding party, and a calendar for the following year. Highly recommended!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I see your point, if it were up to me i'd def go down that route. I dont even see any point in invitations, like your friends and family are your guests so just call to them. But alas mrs ziedth is an old romantic.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

When we had ours done, we went to Rob Power with the specifics of exactly where we wanted the photos taken, but let him do all the organising of moving people around and stuff like that. TBH I didn't mind, he is the professional after all, and you (usually) only get one chance to take the photos when people are around.

I agree and disagree with gscully; we didn't go with a video - I think they are the most boring things to have to sit through, but the collecting other peoples photos is a great idea. We got some free business cards (from Vistaprint) made up to say "Please send a copy of all you digital photo to this email/postal address" and got loads, so we made an "alternative" album for the folks ;) We got the hotel to put a card on each setting at the tables, so we were sure everyone got them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

No harm plugging myself I suppose; www.pmcgphotos.com

Others from Waterford I'd recommend would be Alan Higgins, Gerry O'Carroll, Infokus and Ken Sutton :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Keith Sullivan of Infokus Studios

I was gonna go for a video myself. I'd only really get one cause the speeches were very good at my brothers wedding (they'd have to be with me best man :)) and without a video they'll now be forgoten about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Al Higgins and Ken Sutton - great bunch of lads who I have dealt with on a personal and professional level. Cant recommend them highly enough.

Al has done loads of work for me in the past and was very dedicated, on the ball and produced some excellent shots. Same with Ken - always willing to help.

Never worked with Paddy but he gets good reviews so he must be good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's over a year since the thread was created and I shot his wedding. Turns out he married my cousin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Another one for Keith Sullivan in infokus. Genuinely nice guy and amazing pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Shane at info@aspectphotography.net is the best around. He does an amazing package. Check him out.

Advertisement