Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When choosing an EA

Options
  • 19-01-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was just thinking. does it make any difference going with an EA that is already selling in you cul-de-sac?
    Or would you be better going with a different one (all things being equal).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd say it can have its pros and cons. It might give you more viewers as if the agent is showing the other house they might as well show viewers both at the same time when they're so close together. Personally I'd go with an Estate Agent that was recommended to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Thanos wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was just thinking. does it make any difference going with an EA that is already selling in you cul-de-sac?
    Or would you be better going with a different one (all things being equal).

Just go with with what you think is the best EA out, and from experience of somebody on the other side of looking to buy and that has been dealing with EA`s, there is a hugh difference with some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Get that EA to come and do a valuation, they will have a better idea what your house is worth, seen as their trying to sell one, they might even tell you what offers (if any) they got on the similar house in your cul-de-sac.
    Its better than a pie-in-the-sky EA telling you BS to get you on their books, then asking you to cut 20% off the price after 2 months.

Advertisement