Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

another ins question

Options
  • 19-01-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

on the 22 dec i had a small accident on the ice in my work van, i braked, the van slid sideways onto other side of road, and a woman in a primera went into me,
    thankfully nobody was hurt, the ice was really bad,
    anyhow i came out with the most damage, broken whishbone right axil i think, i barely got the van home rear wheel was bent at a good angle, she had some bumber damage, nothing major a new bumber at most i'd imagine, we swapped names and numbers and that was the last ive heard about it,last night a gaurd came to my house, said she reported the accident the day after it happened and i was to drop over my ins cert and license to station tomo, now i foolishly never contacted my ins just to say there was a small incident,
    what happens now, I know i have left it too late to have my ins company look after her, but the fact she hasnt made any contact, nor did i admit to any wrong doing,
    i'd be hoping we both cut our losses and leave it at that, ive had to get a new van since, as the old one was hardly worth fixing up
    if she contacts me now after a month, am i still liable ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, it wasn't her fault you came across the road and hit her (as I read your post). You should let your insurance company know asap, doesn't matter a few weeks has passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

BOBBY wrote: »
    on the 22 dec i had a small accident on the ice in my work van, i braked, the van slid sideways onto other side of road, and a woman in a primera went into me,
    thankfully nobody was hurt, the ice was really bad,
    anyhow i came out with the most damage, broken whishbone right axil i think, i barely got the van home rear wheel was bent at a good angle, she had some bumber damage, nothing major a new bumber at most i'd imagine, we swapped names and numbers and that was the last ive heard about it,last night a gaurd came to my house, said she reported the accident the day after it happened and i was to drop over my ins cert and license to station tomo, now i foolishly never contacted my ins just to say there was a small incident,
    what happens now, I know i have left it too late to have my ins company look after her, but the fact she hasnt made any contact, nor did i admit to any wrong doing,
    i'd be hoping we both cut our losses and leave it at that, ive had to get a new van since, as the old one was hardly worth fixing up
    if she contacts me now after a month, am i still liable ?
    She has a couple of years to make a claim against you, would you believe. Given that your vehicle lost control (due to the ice) would indicate that you would be held liable.
    Your Insurer will probably still handle the claim against you providing they can satisfactorily investigate the claim. By this I mean the repair estimate from the TP is still available and they can inspect the vehicle to verify the damage.
    Notify your insurers now in case an injury claims follows

Advertisement