Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't done any maths in a while, starting economics soon!

Options
  • 19-01-2010 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

I'm doing an Open University degree and the next course is in Economics, I may be doing mathematical modeling after that. I was never very interested in maths in school, but I never really had a problem with it when I applied myself. The problem is that its been 15 years since I've touched an equation!

Does anyone have any advice? Can you suggest any good books or resources that I can work through to get up to speed on third level maths skills? It's like another language to me now, particularly the meaning of symbols and so on.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I'm doing a Foundation Cert at the moment and for the maths we've been advised to get "Foundation Maths" by by Dr Anthony Croft and Robert Davison.

I found that just getting a Junior Cert Maths book and working through that helps a lot too, it starts with the basics and moves up and has plenty of exercises to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Hey thanks for the advice!

Advertisement