Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Please help, grant , btea, fees????

Options
  • 19-01-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Can someone please help as I havnt seen anyone in my situation ask these questions.

I did first year in college 2003/4. I was receiving the full grant and got my reg. fees paid. I dropped out after first year.

I am planning to return to study a different course 2009/10 and will qualify for the BTEA. I understand the grant has been scrapped for people in receipt of BTEA. This wouldnt effect me as I already got a first year grant.

My question is because there is no grant will the BTEA cover reg. fees and other fees. And if so would I qualify even though I already got fees paid previously . If not is there any other financial help I can receive .

Thanks for any help .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭WhistlingDixie

I'm not sure, but this site might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

the government should have some form of help by september to aid the payment of the grant fee's as students who are on the btea no longer get the grant.

dont forget, if your entitled to the btea, then you can aslo apply for rent allowance.

and you will get the €500 book allowance after you start college.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cairdre

Hi

Make contact with the Jobs Facilitator at your local SW office he/she should be able to advise you. Go ahead an complete CAO application by 1st feb then conentrate on sorting out finances.

Advertisement