Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Film that Inspired The Fall Out Games.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

cable842 wrote: »

Lets just say they ripped off his work when they made Terminator Movies and he got a large sum of money for it.

Read the short Second Variety written by Philip K. Dick in 1953 and tell me it doesn't sound EXACTLY like the future world in the Terminator films. Everyone gets their inspiration from someone else.

It is a great film. It was available on archive.org to download but seems to have disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

wow I looked that up wow your right even i bigger copy I guess they all copy off each other.

sure the Box is a version of the classic story the monkey paw which grants 3 wishes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey%27s_Paw
    Read the short Second Variety written by Philip K. Dick in 1953 and tell me it doesn't sound EXACTLY like the future world in the Terminator films. Everyone gets their inspiration from someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i've seen A boy and his dog a few times and love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Stompy

Skerries wrote: »
    ya pretty good movie , and definatly inspired fallout 3, except the mission in fallout isnt to get laid lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Fallout also took a lot from Mad Max too, don't forget.

Best bit of this movie is at the very end:
    The boy and his dog are walking out into the desert, dog has just eaten the love interest/main female character
    Dog: "She was nice.. If not in particularly good taste." :pac:

Second Variety also inspired Screamers, screenplay by Dan O'Bannon, of Alien and Total Recall (also a PKD story) fame.

Fun fact: There's a Boy And His Dog poster on the walls in one of the shacks in The Book of Eli (near the start iirc).

There's an animated version of A Boy and His Dog in production atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Stompy

There's an animated version of A Boy and His Dog in production atm.
    they should make a film about boards.ie users.."a boy and his blog"

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Although I believe the legal issue with Terminator was because of Ellison's Demon With a Glass Hand episode of the Outer Limits which involved the end of the humanity and time travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

would yea have a copy of it. or does any one know where I could watch it.

I know you can watch the last man of earth on you tube with vincent price black and white.
    Skerries wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

Damnation Alley also seems an influence - 1977 George Peppard flick loosely based on the book by Roger Zelazny.
    Was supposed to be Fox's big film of 1977. Then Star Wars came out and Damnation Alley was buried.

Advertisement